Monday 25 March 2013

Project 75: Candy colored gingham



A little while ago my parents were cleaning and found a Mary Englebreit rubber stamp that my mom had been given years ago. It's not something I'd use that often normally but I thought it was a fun way to play homage to my craft roots.

I love gingham. Fact. I am obsessed with it. So when I saw this week's Mojo sketch I thought I could use the stamp as the starburst and greeting. Two birds, one stone, etc.



Ok, so this is a bit kiddie colored, candy striped, etc. But I actually really like it! I intentionally used different patterns to add to the ice cream parlor feel and then topped it off with the paper thread Claire gave me last week, some punched flowers with little gems and then used my impulse-buy scallop square to punch out the stamp.

Hope it cheers you up on these rainy, not-quite-spring days.



2 comments:

  1. A lovely simple and sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've done a great job with the layout. I like the stamp too :) Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated