Sunday 7 September 2014

Project 176: A bright and citrusy bumblebee


I had a bit of a Craft Superstore splurge this week (oops) and got this killer bumble bee stamp in a sale. I don't know why but it spoke to me!

I saw that Color Throwdown were doing a great challenge of bright colors and I decided it would be a great challenge to make the bee's debut:

 


 I stamped the bee onto orange card and die cut out a circle. I love a bit of mixed texture so I die cut a smaller circle in corrugated pink card and a bigger one in yellow chevron paper. The pink card was textured with a Swiss dot embossing folder for another layer of texture. The candies and rhinestones add a bit of cute bubble-like bling to coordinate with the other circles.

I added a small banner of orange card for the greeting which is a new one from a set from Claire. Such a cheerful group of colors and patterns warranted a cheerful message. 

And full disclosure: this covers an "oops" moment when I stamped directly on the card and it went badly. 

Sweet and simple for a Sunday.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love how you used all those circles in your design--they totally work! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome design and I love the bee stamp....he looks fabulous in orange!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated