Tuesday 2 June 2015

Project 225: A special mother's day card



I have been meaning to post this for ages - I had to wait until the recipient had the card before posting and then it just slipped my mind altogether. But I'm super proud of this project so there's no time like the present to share it!

I wanted to make a special card for my mom this year and browsed Pinterest for some inspiration. I loved a few iterations that I saw of a flower pot card (this one was particularly cute), where you pull out the flowers to reveal a message.

I did a step-by-step tutorial here and found it really helpful in making the pot pocket. I decided to go for tulips for the flowers, and made them out of pink scraps and a petal die I had on my desk. I then added some green petals for flowers. I was really pleased to use a lot of scraps that I had at my disposal - even the little pink insert on the message is a scrap!



The rest is pretty straight forward really. I punched a scallop edge to the pot and added a little daisy-chain border to the bottom. The ribbon is from Tiger, really cheap and really good quality. 

I didn't take a picture but on the back I simply wrote 'Pull me out' in case it wasn't clear that it was something that could be separated. She really liked it and it's definitely a layout I can now make again. 


1 comment:

  1. How clever, I might need to give this a whirl. Love the colours too, the pot complements the flowers. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated