Sunday 26 February 2017

Project 400: A rainbow layout challenge



There is little I love more than a rainbow. Fact. When I was in high school I drew them everywhere and was attracted to anything from stationery to bags and clothes that featured them. I recently got a second hand rainbow stamp set and thought it would be fun to play with Freshly Made Sketches' challenge this week:
I decided to keep it really simple and enter CAS-ual Fridays One Layer Wonder challenge as well.

I masked off the borders of the card and blended the central panel using Distress Inks in Peacock Feather, Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch. I heat embossed the sentiment and then used Enamel Accents to create the rainbow. I made a pretty big smudge and decided to cover that with some die-cut clouds that I edged in Cool Grey 1 ProMarker. I hope that still counts as 1 layer!

I am super pleased with the result, it really speaks to my teenage-self (many years ago) and I think I will have to hold on to it for a while before I send it to someone.

3 comments:

  1. Loving that sweet rainbow! So cute! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card! I love that rainbow! Beautiful background as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, the enamel dots rainbow is inspired cardmaking genius! I think the clouds really add to the card and it's actually better with them. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated