Tuesday 28 February 2017

Project 402: Playdate fun



Claire and I had a great playdate on Sunday and I wanted to show some of the random cards I made while we were playing at our desks a few thousand miles apart.

The headline card was fun as it used a could of scraps on my desk. The background is a printed card that Claire got me and I layered a grid paper that is from an ancient pack I got years ago. The tag is also a scrap - if you believe it - as the back had something on it that I didn't use. The flowers were glued and pinned using a mini clothes pin. The sentiment is a Recollections stamp from a mini set that I absolutely love.


This one is a bit of an art piece! The zebra was from a birthday card I received and loved so much I saved it to use as scrap. I die cut a square out and then used the grid paper features above but tore a scrap to give it a more interesting border. I used black Distress Ink around the edges to give it streaks and a messy finish. I added a black twine, sequins and a small blue punched bow (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) and a sentiment that I recently got second hand.


Finally this one used a scrap from another card I made (it's too personal and weird to share!) and I used two scraps in blue and yellow (see the same blue of the bow above) and die cut the Hello from a Sizzix set. A few little enamel dots and that was it. I kept it really simple after a number of fussy creations previously.


2 comments:

  1. Great cards and I love the zebra one, fab design, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a playdate...I love all of these and the one that can't be shown. I didn't notice on Sunday, but I have ONE piece of that grid paper left... I love the mix of patterns in that first card, excellent. The Zebra is awesome, the bow is like totally too much and I love it, please make more of these somehow. I love the stacked hellos, they work with that scrap of paper so well. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated