Saturday 28 October 2017

Project: A 1st Christmas card


This week at Sketch Saturday features an image from our sponsor Oddball Art Co

I loved this little toy, I just thought with the sweet santa-style hat it would be perfect for a little Christmas card. I colored it using Spectrum Noir pencils, which I love for the ability to add really great texture and depth. I opted for a simple color scheme and then die cut him out using a stitched die. I embossed some lavender card and used a stitched square card, alternating with a patterned card.

I hand wrote a little greeting as  I thought it would be perfect for my niece's first christmas card from me. I hope it goes down well! Looking forward to what everyone else is creating this week.

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is beautiful, I absolutely love your colouring here, you are so right about depth..I can't believe this was done with pencils. I think it is perfect for a 1st Christmas card. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated