Tuesday 16 January 2018

Project 453: CAS color and sketch challenge combo


I had some time off this week so I decided to have a play at my desk. I thought I'd combine the sketch challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch and the color challenge at The Paper Players and see what I could do: 




I have been wanting to use this Unity Stamp Co that Claire gave me and thought I'd give it a go as it sort of matched the layout in the challenge. I embossed it in navy powder and colored in the flowers using a mix of lime green and turquoise ProMarkers. I was going to close the wreath with a few individual flowers but when I was laying it out I decided that keeping it open was nicer. I added a Tim Holtz Ideology sentiment over a lime green scrap I had and I think it adds a modern touch where it could have been a bit twee. The colors are contemporary and that helps with the layout. Definitely happy with the combo.

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful card and sentiment.....so pretty! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players...so happy you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower spray! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your spray with the sentiment placed in the middle. Lovely layout and a beautiful use of the colors. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am cracking up, did you see we both made cut above this week at Paper Players!! I LOVE your card. I knew you would rock those stamps..I had no joy with them and look at this your first time using them - blurgh... Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated