Monday 22 January 2018

Project 457: A smooshed background valentine



The layout at CAS(E) this Sketch looked really good and I wanted to do something that was natural and not overly girly. I decided to go for a smooshed background in Distress Oxides and layer it against kraft, not white. I used a die cut purple heart that was left over from the card I listed yesterday and then heat embossed a sentiment that I got free from a magazine. I raised it on foam to give it a tiny bit of texture. I kept it super simple, I tried adding dots, bling, all sorts and I decided that keeping it plain was best. Really happy with this simple card, I think it's a great alternative to some of the OTT ones I've made before!

2 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. The smooshed panel is lovely and beautifully offset by the heart. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated