Saturday 27 October 2018

Project: Pumpkins and punches for Sketch Saturday



This week at Sketch Saturday we have a lovely little sketch. I was struggling to make it work until I rotated it on my side and then it was a Eureka! moment:


Our sponsor is The Paper Nest Dolls, and I love them. I think their images are so cheery and sweet. I went for something a bit seasonal and colored her with ProMarkers before fussy cutting her out.

I added a strip of orange punched pumpkins as a border down the side to work with the sketch and then added a Tim Holtz sticker for the sentiment. I have a few vertical stamps but I like that this is a bit different. The background paper is ancient, I think I've had it for 6 or 7 years as I bought it with Claire following one of our very first playdates.

I added glitter glue to the sunflower on her shirt and a Wink of Stella touch for each of the pumpkins and her hair band. It's sort of lost in the image here but it looks great in real life.

I love that pumpkin punch and was delighted to have the opportunity to use it (especially since I used a scrap of orange paper exactly the right size, score!) so it was a card of perfectly found pieces coming together.

Hope it works for your inspiration this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated