Saturday 24 November 2018

Project: 2 takes on a teapot card for Sketch Saturday



This week's sketch for Sketch Saturday was a bit tricksy for me but I did two attempts all the same featuring an image from our sponsor LeAnn's World


I colored the image using ProMarkers and then die cut it using a scalloped and stitched square. I thought it was a good way of getting the edges on the sketch. I used a bright striped paper and then took some white scraps from my scrap pile for the diagonal stripes. I struggled to make it not so twee, I was hoping the colors would lift it a bit. 


This is my second take on it. I tried to get a watercolour effect on the teapot but I don't love it. The colors don't work as well but I do prefer the grey textured background paper. 

So a bit of variety with the same sponsor image and sketch! hope you have fun playing along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated