Sunday 7 August 2016

Proejct 343: Using inks like watercolors



I have been having a play this weekend with some fun new techniques and really embracing distress inks as watercolor.

For the headline card I used Mown Lawn and Broken China inks and applied it directly to an acrylic block. I spritzed with water and then dragged it across a piece of card. I saw this idea in Creative Stamping magazine with a cassette tape and black thread unwound like old tape. I heat embossed the tape and then colored it in with a grey promarker then cut it out. I added little gluee dots to keep the thread all looped up but still a bit flexible. The greeting is from Stampin' Up endless birthday wishes. I love this card. I want to make so many more of them.



Next I played with a Sizzix set that Claire gave me in the Black Friday $20 challenge. The image was stamped on green card stock using a pink pigment ink. I die cut out the slices, adding some dark green stripes to make it pop a bit more. I used black and white paint to give it some dimension. I used Peacock Feathers ink with an aquabrush down the side to make it stand out. The Sweet is from the same Sizzix set and is heat embossed in black and then diecut out. I added the smaller text from the same endless birthday wishes set.


Finally is another card that uses a dye based ink instead of distress ink. Claire got me this great Kaleidescope ink pad. I inked directly on a block and spritzed with water. This was dragged across the paper twice to give it a more vibrant hue. I used white poweder and heat embossed the hummingbird. The greeting is a Tim Holtz sticker and thought it was perfect for this image. The little enamel dots are hidden in their respective colors.

Really loved this session, that headline card fills me with lots of joy.

2 comments:

  1. well hun these are just great love all of them,great styles,and effects hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS that cassette card is genius and I bow down to you for the string / thread geniusness. I love the last two cards, that Hummingbird stamp makes me jealous everytime I see it! The flash of blue on the melon card is very nice, makes it all pop a bit. Nice playtime man, I am looking forward to one of those this weekend. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated