Wednesday 31 August 2016

Project 352: Scraps and remakes


This weekend I wanted to clear my desk of some of the scraps and botched cards that have been cluttering it up for some time. I limited myself to using a scrap as a starting point for each card I made all day. It is amazing what you can make when you use this as a brief.

The headline card is going to be my anniversary card for my husband. I had blended this card weeks ago because I got a bunch of new distress inks in a sale and just went to town blending to see what they looked like next to each other. I had used a concentrated red piece for a card for Claire ages ago, and this orange and yellow piece was lingering. I used a sunbeam stencil and spritzed it with water to get bleached rays coming out of the middle. Kind of worked, not great. Oh well. I diecut a yellow circle, then stamped the sun over it so it went on to the backgroun. The greeting is heat-embossed in bright yellow and I added the little hand-written message beneath it.


As I trimmed the card to fit there was still some blended paper left in a thin strip so I decided to case my own card from a few weeks ago and make a little Balloon Celebration card using my Stampin' Up stamps and punch. The outline stamp and punch worked well with the richness of the colors.


This one is busy but is actually a remake of a card I goofed. I had made a card with this stripey paper and had something else in the middle but I really didn't like it. So I ripped that middle bit out and let it sit on my desk for a few months. Yes months. I used a stencilled scrap from Claire and decided to just got border mad -I added orange scraps, green scraps, punched those and die-cut a greeting out of a brown scrap. So much going on but who cares, it's fun and summery.



Finally this card is another remake: the background had been stuck down and I had a big diecut featured image but it was really odd and I just didn't love it. So ripped that off and replaced it with a black scrap heat embossed with a greeting from Stampin' Up Endless Birthday Wishes.  Big flowers and an enamel dot, this is a classic layout and it always delivers big impact.

My desk is so much clearer! Two remade cards with loads of scraps (especially that third card) and a fun use of a big blended card. I feel better than if I'd had a proper clear out!




2 comments:

  1. I love doing this Claire, challenging myself to use the scraps and clear my scrappy box like on my post today. You have made some beauties here, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, such a clever idea..I need to do this, I have a meh box, that needs some love. I really like the Anniversary card, I think the spritzing for sunrays worked really well. I think the palm tree scrap is awesome, love that scalloped hole border with the stripey paper, genius makes. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated