Tuesday 30 August 2016

Project 351: Black , white and blue seahorse card



This weekend I made a commitment to only use scraps and bits on my desk as they were starting to take over. Plus it feels great to use the little bits and bobs in a fun way. I have had this blue oval cut on my desk for ages as I had intended it for a project but then didn't use it. I thought it would be a great base for CAS-ual Friday's challenge to use Black, White and one other color.

I wanted to keep it pretty clean so I cut another white oval out of another scrap and stamped using my little seahorse stamp. He just called to me, I recently rediscovered him. The background is splattered with Broken China, Salty Ocean and Black Soot Distress Inks using an Aquabrush. 

The sentiment didn't come out as clean as I would have liked but oh well. I added the pewter gems just to give it a tiny bit of bling. 

Really simple and fairly quick, it's cheerful and fresh and I'm always pleased to get a scrap off my desk! 

3 comments:

  1. Always good to use up those scraps..my desk would be empty if I cleared up mine! Love your splattered background - it's perfect for a sea themed card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny, I literally just finished making my entry..I love your card, the background splatters are perfect and go so well with your Seahorse. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet design! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated