Tuesday 2 January 2018

Project 449: Blending fun with new stamps


Happy New Year everyone!

I got a bit off my blogging game end of last year but I want to start this year off with a bang. I had an AMAZING exchange with Claire and she gave me the most excellent bounty for Black Friday and Christmas. Plus with all my sale goodies I wanted to sit and play for a few hours after coming home before coming back to work.

I decided to do some really good blending fun so I could get exactly the colors and textures I wanted while showcasing some of the new toys. The headline card was too much fun. I embossed a big woodblock peacock feather stamp and then blended with a trio of inks. The sentiment is a lovely big one that I haven't used yet. I had to use the 'I wish I were a Mr Misti' tool a few times to get the dark ink to come through but that is exactly what that tool was invented for.


This little trio featured a new stencil. I used the same Broken China distress ink with the same Paper Source thank you stamp. I played with different adornments, from a little rose stamp, a big wreath and a few tiny little bird and flower stamps that I combined to make a pattern. I think the roses are my favorite. I added glitter glue to all of them just to give a tiny little pop.


This one features some paper smooshing and x3 scraps - the background, frame and die cut are all from scraps on my desk and I am thrilled to have them come together on this little 4x4 mini card. The thank you is from a second hand set I bought a while ago and I don't think I have used this one previously. More NBUS gets an outing! 



This one features blending with a watermarked chevron, a dark thank you banner stamp (that you can't really read) and a giant anchor die cut from the stash. It's so bold and watery, I love it! 


Finally this guy is just great. The little squirrel was from a BF sale and I decided to have him hold a balloon. Why not? The giant sentiment is new from Claire, another major win. And I'm using it for my husband's birthday as he loves squirrels and I think it works perfectly for the occasion. A great return to crafting for 2018. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok this is just ridiculous. SO much playing. I love everything. Can we talk about the background for the square card = AH.MAZ.ING. I am LOL at the squirrel holding a balloon, that is your Hubby to a tee. I too love the chevron card, it feels like it should have a mermaid on it.. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated