Saturday 6 January 2018

Project 451: A kid's card for Sketch Saturday



Welcome back to another Saturday with Sketch Saturday! This week's sketch is going to be a fun one, the possibilities are pretty endless.



This week's sponsor is Di’s Digi Stamps
and the winner's prize: $12 Voucher to Di's Digi Stamps Shop


I had so many ideas it took me ages to finally commit to this Mama Elephant dog stamp and die set which will be my godson's 6th birthday card. I used a green card blank and then used some bold colored papers die cut into squares for the background. The dogs were die cut and then colored using ProMarkers to match the little boy's two favourite dogs: Einstein on the left (our friend's border collie) and Zippy on the right (my cowhide-coloured Jack Russell Terrier).

I added some baker's twine in turquoise to match the sparkly 6 and added a puffy peel-off sentiment. I haven't used these in ages but I thought it would add a bit of texture.  Finally I added some tiny glue dots to the corners to complete the sketch. If it were an adult card I probably wouldn't have bothered but kids love texture, they don't care about things matching!

Hope you have fun playing with the sketch, looking forward to everyone's creations!

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card those dogs are just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated