Friday 25 May 2012

Project 28: Birds for Mom


I know it's been ages since I've posted but I assure you it isn't because I'm not crafting away!

This post is coming from my parents' house as I did a massive production line of cards before I left for the States and then forgot* to blog about it.

Before I came home my mom said she was out of my cards so I decided to use this as an opportunity to play with the bird punch outs I created using Claire's punch. I did a few of the layout I posted previously for charity (birds on a line) but I wanted to try a few alternatives to see what else would work. Moms are great guinea pigs because even bad attempts are applauded.

The headline photo used the Jubilee papers I've referenced in the last few posts and is probably the most similar to the layout I've tried before.

Here are the other best outputs:

I rarely think in vertical cards, I always opt for landscape but I thought the border embossing folder would look good with these purple and green papers. I'm happy with this one, I think I'll try it with my other borders as well.




This one was probably my favourite use of papers as all three were from a set of scrapbooking papers I bought a year ago and haven't been using much recently. I like the wallpaper-looking paper in the background with the metallic-effect papers. 



This one uses papers I saved from a Victoria & Albert Museum guide - can't remember what the painting is but this is think it made some great bids. 



Finally some love birds. You can't see it very well in the photo but there is a lilac-coloured damask paper that the birds are sitting on and the ribbon has a nice sheen as well. Makes it seem a bit more grown-up as the floral blue papers here are a bit cutesy.

I have another post to go up from crafts I did on Sunday so hopefully I'll get that up before I come back from the States! 



*I didn't forget - I went out drinking with friends instead of blogging and then couldn't steal the time at work to draft the post. So here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated