Sunday 8 September 2013

Project 101: Designed to color Skype playdate challenge


Final card from the Skype playdate!

We wanted to do a card that had a featured stamp image and when we saw that Designed to Color had an "Anything Goes" challenge we were glad we could interpret this in very different ways.

To make it even more of a challenge we decided to follow a "recipe" Claire had found previously. The recipe for the card didn't have a sketch or layout but had to include 3 papers, a featured colored image, a sentiment and 3 embellishments (all the same or all different).

It was a fun challenge as we took it in completely different ways. I love this little sausage dog digi stamp and thought I would go for a red white and blue color scheme for him.

I die-cut the backing label from a free navy blue paper I got over a year ago and have been holding on to. I don't know why, it's nice but not that special! I thought the scrolling pattern worked well against the geometric red background. I added a spotted light blue band as my third paper and 3 light blue stars as my embellishments. I kept the greeting very simple using a tiny label that Claire gifted me.

So that's the final post from the craft date. I have loads more that I want to share as I've been making some really special birthday cards but I need to make sure the recipients have them before I go on blabbing.

NB: Claire and I were talking about Christmas this year .I need to get my head around what I want to do. Do you think I should do enough for a big sale this year? Last year we collectively sold well but that was over two craft fairs, two offices and two groups of friends and I'm not sure I have the time to fulfill as much. What do you think? Please let me know if you're interested in Christmas cards and I'll definitely make I can get something to you - heck you can even lead the design!


2 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for joining us at DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sausage dog...have only just posted my card..despite putting my entry up last night..idiot! Didn't realise that about the die-cut ;) we are quite mad!

    Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated