Sunday 8 September 2013

Project 99: NOLA Mojo birthday card



Today was the first Skype playdate with Claire and what a success. We got to gossip, craft and critique each other's work just like the old times. Unlike the old times we couldn't steal each other's stash! Boo that!


We looked at different blogs and came up with a couple of different challenges for ourselves. The headline card is my Mojo Monday entry, just in time before the deadline! Above is the sketch that we followed. If you go to Claire's blog you can see her challenge entry as well. Love her worldly card and of course I love the recipient!

My family love New Orleans and we spent Thanksgiving there last year. As a reminder, I thought I'd make my dad this NOLA inspired birthday card. I have fleur de lis dies and embossing folders, which makes the job easier, and focusd on the three main Mardi Gras colors of purple, gold and green.

I textured the green paper with a music stamp to tie into the culture and blinged up one of the embossed fleur de lis from the embossed card. I recreated the points of the fleur de lis using petal shaped purple bling. I love it and I think my dad is going to love it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated