Wednesday 11 February 2015

Project 202: Throwback Valentine's day cards



Well it's been a crazy bad week so far - if this is 30 then you can go on and count me out - so I decided to do a little Valentine's Day card session to cheer myself up.

My headline card was inspired by the RetroRubber challenge to case an old V-day card from your stash. 

I have had these little owl stamps for about a year and a half and have used them in different guises but I love using them with the little "you're a hoot" stamp greeting.

Last time I used them I didn't include the greeting, used a differnt owl stamp and color combo plus loads of buttons. But honestly I didn't change much as you'll see below - I really loved the layout and all the individual elements so I stuck with a good formula!


I thought I'd share two other cards I made for people for special commissions:


This one was an OTT brief: as many flowers as you can, traditional colors, name of the intended recipient in the middle. My colleague commissioned it and, while it's not my usual style to do red and pink, I really liked the brief actually and it was a chance to use some add-ons I don't normally find a chance to use like felt flowers. And I added three layers of textured ribbons which I thought was extra decadent!


And this one is a new technique - I used double-sided peeloff sheets, die cut hearts and covered in  textured glitter. I used a text-speak greeting, I have these fun letter stamps and when I saw they had a carat and numbers in the set I couldn't resist. Very CAS, very fun to try a new technique.

I made a few more V-day designs to sell at the office so I'll update this post with those as soon as I get some pictures :)






8 comments:

  1. Aww your cards are really sweet Jessie… I love those cute owls and the heart cards are both stunning!
    Hope things improve soon for you hun
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet remake! Love the use of the buttons. It was a good combination to stick with... good job with RRBC07 challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope you will play again... we love our older stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I think it's wonderful that you made an updated card with owls! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber and hope you will play with us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the owls are very sweet and yes why change the formula if it works! Thank you for joining us at RRCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! The owls are so stinking cute!! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - I love owls!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool cards all round girl. Love the remake - glad you could join in. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated