Saturday 9 January 2016

Project 283: Cheery sketch challenge on a rainy day



Quick post from me tonight.  I was given two sets if Spectrum Noir pencils in December and as it is rainy and miserable today I thought I would have a little coloring session in front of the TV.

I tried my coloring on these lovely Little Claire flowers and then cut them out. I loved the layout at Sketch Saturday and arranged them in a diagonal.

I also liked the inspiration at the Little Claire blog of 1-2-3 so here's my take: 3 colors (yellow, orange and pink) as well as 3 feature images (although all from one stamp); 2 embellishments (daisy chain and button); 1 sentiment.

The backing paper is from Studio Calico and the little border and orange papers are scraps. The daisy chain is a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is a new Recollections greeting that I heat embossed in yellow. Both the stamp set and and embossing powder are from Claire and the $20 Challenge. I must say I am VERY pleased with the embossing since I had an epic fail trying to heat emboss earlier this week which resulted in 4 failed attempts in the trash.

It felt unbalanced so I added a giant yellow button tied with orange twine and called it a day. It's busier than my comfort level (wait until you see what else I've done this weekend, oh my...) but I like it and it's cheered up this rainy day in London immensely.






5 comments:

  1. This card is very bright and cheery! Love the coloring on your flowers and your color choices. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a cute card! And look at mine: same stamp set! (Isn't it great?) Anywho, love your colors, and the button did balance it out! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I see what you mean! It is a new favourite already :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, love the colour contrast :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOHH how pretty. Love the combination of the bokeh and the floral. Great interpretation of the Sketch Saturday layout this week. Thanks for joining us. Take care and best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated