Monday 25 January 2016

Project 290: Trio of Valentine's day cards


In the run up to Valentine's Day I decided to make a bunch of simple cards to sell at my office. I usually do a mix of 'serious' (more traditional hearts and roses and stuff like that) and fun and I've learned that the fun ones always sell better. So this year I thought scrap tradition, go all fun.

Here are three that I made during a playdate with Claire on Sunday.

The headline is my favourite - these are from Unity Stamp Co and I decided to go simple and pared back, just colored ink against the card stock with some corresponding ribbons. I made 4 color combos  using green, blue and pink as the base and changed up the ribbons for each one.


Next I made these little submarine cards, using a set from Stampin' Up. The images are die cut on Sizzix nesting ovals and colored using ProMarkers. I added a patterned paper as a layer in four different colors. I looked at bling and candies but thought plain was best.



Finally I did these little froggy cards from the same stamp set. The greeting was just 'toadally awesome' so I used the 'You are' from a Unity Stamp greeting and just masked off the rest of the greeting. Pretty pleased with how they came out actually! They're die cut using a stitched circle and then a plain green circle scallop die.

I have a few more pun-tastic ideas for Vday messages but I'm pleased with these as a starting point. 12 down - I think if I can get about 20 made then I'm good to go. Watch this space :)

1 comment:

  1. I love them all man, but sublime is my fave..I think you should send ME a hearts and flowers traditional valentine..Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated