Sunday 31 January 2016

Project 291: Modern and playful valentines


After my productive time last weekend making Valentine's Day cards, I wanted to make sure I had time to make one for my husband, as well as bump up the stash to sell a bit.


For the office, I wanted to try something modern and so I stamped some hearts onto white cards and then heat embossed them in white so they would resist my blending. The stamp is from a fashion set that Claire gave me last year. I went for non traditional V-Day colors, like green, blue, orange and yellow and didn't use more than two colors on any sheet so I could keep it very minimal. I then added a few flicks of water to get the bleach effect. Love love love.


For my husband's card, I went to this set of animal digis that I have. Not sure where they are from...had them about a year and a half so really can't recall, how bad is that? They are a bit too cute for me - I got them on a whim and never really use them because they don't really go with my style. But these little deer are cute for Vday and I thought I'd color them with Spectrum Noir pencils to make them more delicate and light. Simple oval die to capture the shape of them and then I backed them against an old Sugar & Spice paper from Dovecraft.

Both simple but special , and because there aren't sentiments they are devoid of the odiousness that marks most Valentine's Day cards.

On that - Claire and I have challenged ourselves to make odious cards for each other. Mine is done and I don't dare blog about it until she received it but man...what a treat.

1 comment:

  1. I love the hearts, simple and classy and would make fab anniversary cards too. The deer card is so cute..ridiculously cute. LOL..I literally CANNOT wait for the odious cards to arrive..Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated