Sunday 25 September 2016

Project 364: Modern Nordic greetings for Christmas



I am playing around with Christmas ideas and I wanted to make some simple cards that featured these big Tim Holtz script greetings I bought earlier this year.

Last year I bought some Nordic-themed paper for a specific project and I have a bunch left over. I thought they would be a great backdrop to the greetings and, because they're so fun and patterned, very little else was needed.

I die cut all my greetings up front and then played around with what went where. Because the papers are so busy I decided to back them on some colored blocks - all scraps. Score.

The headline is a fun one, and all I added was some bling to dot the j and i in the greeting.


This one I kept really simple, not even adding the bling.


An alternative one here, I got a bit of a scummy glue stain on the 'snow' so I covered it in glitter. Bit weird, but I decided to go with it. It was better than the smudged glue stain!


Finally this one features a different sentiment, a Dieversions Let it snow die that I got much earlier this year. It is much smaller than the other ones so I used a small scrap of the green paper and cut down a small white card as a base, using a red card scrap with a corrgated scrap to make it stand out. Using scraps and creating some fun new things - WIN.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Man, this is a great use of the papers and the fab word dies..I love them all, so very Nordic. I really like that Die-versions die..why on earth did I not buy that!! I don't think Snow in glitter is weird, superb recovery. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these are all gorgeous Jessie! Love the nordic papers and the fab sentiments. Simple but very, very effective!
    Hope you're having a great weekend
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated