Sunday 23 October 2016

Project 369: Heat embossing x3 birthday cards


The past two weeks have been pretty busy so I haevn't had much time to myself for crafting. This weekend I just wanted to play and make a few specific cards for people and ignore challenges and just play with my stash.

The headline card wasn't exactly what I wanted but I loved the result all the same.I heat embossed a little arrow/chevron stamp in pink, thinking it was a neon powder that would stand out to the black base. It did not. So it looks like black on black. Still, I liked the texture and decided to work with it. I added enamel dots in a lot of colors and some neon stickers that are new from Hema. Even though it wasn't quite what I expected I still like it.


This next one was a silly little one for a friend who likes dinosaurs. The set is by Stampin' Up. I heat embossed two in black on a grey card stock, added a backing paper and topped it with a sentiment in white pigment. Super quick, really masculine.



This one is a new set from Simon Says Stamp and I didn't really like how the embossing came out, it just wasn't very crisp. I threw some watercolored Distress inks over to make it 'arty.' Maybe it works, not sure.

Bit of fun though, I really enjoyed getting back into it all and having a play session.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, missed these as I went straight to the anchor :) Love the headline card, it looks like funky space / galaxy to me LOL. What is not to love about a dinosaur card..I need to play with some dinosaurs. I think the last card works, I love that set its awesome - I like the arty farty watercolours. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated