Saturday 6 May 2017

Project: Sketch Saturday 6th May



Hello friends - I'm delighted to announce that I'm going to be guest designer for the month of May over at Sketch Saturday. Wahoo! This is my first post for the month and the sketch was really fun to work with: 


My take on the sketch features a great image from Paper Nest Dolls - this one is just too much fun to color. I used ProMarkers and chose really spring-y colors. It's that time of year for cheer, right? I added a bit of turquoise ribbon and then a little rounded oval tag punch that I had in my stash from Claire years ago. I thought it looked sweet nestled on top of the ribbon but it was missing something so I knotted the ribbon and am much happier with how it stands out. The background paper is from Recollections, a gift from Claire so long ago! The turquoise ovals are origami paper - I never think to use it but the subtle print works well to add some texture.

Really looking forward to seeing what everyone has to offer! 


1 comment:

  1. WAHOO!! Welcome!! Great to see your card headlining the DT today, love it. OMG I think that paper might have been the first thing I ever gave you LOL. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated