Monday 17 August 2015

Project 242: Double die-cut fun



Claire brought me some amazing dies from a sale in the US and this weekend I spent some time playing with them. I chose two complicated ones as features to see what we could do with them.

For this headline card, I wanted a fun, playful card to feature this robot. I chose three patterend backgrounds for my cards and then used the largest of an Xcut nesting stack of stars to cut big backgrounds out.



The robots were a bit fiddly but they worked well against the stars.I raised them with foam so they would stand out more. It took only a little effort (most of it getting the little robot bits out of the die cut) and I had 3 different varians.


Next I wanted to play with this intricate cake die. My cousin's wedding is coming up so I thought it was a good way to put it to the test. I decided to go for a neutral beige theme throughout as an elegant scheme. The Mr and Mrs die cut is from Claire in a pack she sent me a while back. The background paper is from the stash but I couldn't say from whom as it's just been kicking around my drawer loose (the shame of a messy desk). Finally I added a bit of pearl bling to give it a touch of class. Really simple but pretty I think.

These were all really simple to make but because of the intricacies of the dies they really look modern and as if they took ages. That's a win in my book.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I love your robot cards Jessie… what fab papers and colour combos… they are lovely and bright and cheery! :-)
    I LOVE the cake die… it's awesome! the background paper and pearls are just perfect with it… so classy and elegant! :-)
    Hope you have a good week
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! I love this Robot die, slightly jealous that your first play with them doesn't make the Robot look sinister and pairing them with stars is simply genius, I think we need to find fun robot style sentiments to go with them. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I forgot to say I am also stupid and should have bought that cake die at the same time as you, as now it is expensive. It will look amazing, just on a dark background - please cut me some in white :) Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated