Sunday 23 August 2015

Project 245: A trio of owls and an elephant


My friend at work commissioned a card for his girlfriend's birhday, with either an owl or an elephant. I've done plenty of owl cards but never an elephant so that was a bit of an adventure!

I decided to make a bunch and let him pick, as I needed to boost my stash a bit and wanted to add a bit of fun to the mix.

The headline card is based on a pin I found on pinterest (actually, most of these are on this board because I was in need of inspiration) and it was just too much fun. I don't have an elephant stamp or punch (never needed one, still don't need one) so I cut him out of paper and added a little ear on top. The button balloons all have matching baker's twine. It was a bit fiddly, the biggest challenge was tying them up and getting the lengths right so the buttons were different heights.

The elephant doesn't really look like an elephant. But who cares. I love it. If he doesn't go for this one, I'm keeping it.



I decided to focus all the owls on the Stampin' Up punch as I haven't used him in a while. The first is one is probably my favorite, and it really was pretty simple. The branches are from a different Stampin' Up bird set but I thought he needed to be sitting on something within his little box. The moon is a stitched circle die from Claire. The papers are all from my stash - I think my mother-in-law gifted me the spotted paper and the green is just old!


The second one here was a simple layout that I did on a playdate with Claire in the week. I used a Studio Callico paper and a bit of twine and a pre-printed tag punched from Claire's stash ages ago. It's really simple but I really like it. Again, one for the stash (or one to make again if he chooses this).



Finally this little guy was an idea from - you guessed it - Pinterest. I saw this aperture idea of using a woodgrain paper and loved it. I used corrugated brown card for the background and layered a little purple owl inside. I went purple, not a natural color because I wanted some standout. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the branch leaves. I don't love the but they do add texture. Finally I used a nice little sentiment and some green twine.

I'm pleased with my random little set and can't wait to see what he chooses.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are all gorgeous Jessie!! Love the fab button balloons! and the owls are very cute! :-)
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I missed this post. The Elephant is hands down my fave, but I do love them all. I am delighted by the use of an Aperture...its a clever idea using the woodgrain. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated