Sunday 11 October 2015

Project 263: Nuts for donut cards



Today I'm showcasing two cards I've made using some My Favorite Things stamps that I bought at The Inkpad while visiting Claire. Anna's shop is incredible and if you're in NYC you should check it out. It's a cubbyhole of wonders and when I saw this stamp set, I had to get it.

The headline card features a blended background in pink, I wanted it reminiscent of candy floss/cotton candy. The donut is die cut from beige stock, and then layered a brown ring on top for icing. I cut some waves by hand to make the icing irregular. The sprinkles are stamped using another stamp from the set and then I added some glitter glue to make them pop a bit more. The DONUT sentiment is head embossed with pink powder and I love how it came out against the background.


This second take features a similar donut using pink icing and red glitter sprinkles. The gingham paper is from a scrap I found this morning and I loved pairing it with this heart paper from Studio Callico. Different sentiment - this set has about 15! - and a candy to top it off.

So much fun. Have no idea how much the market will want donut stamps but I'm still happy even if they're just for personal use!


1 comment:

  1. Dude, can we talk about PINK embossing powder..I DONUT even know you right now..Ha ha ha, love both of these. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated