Sunday 25 October 2015

Project 29: Trio of heat embossed Christmas cards




This year I'm taking it farily easy with my Christmas cards and trying to keep it fairly low key. I have one new stamp set but I've decided that is it (!) for new kit for the holidays. It's time I learned to better leverage what I have and what skills I've picked up this year.

Luckily one of those new techniques is heat embossing so my stamps have a new lease on life!

The trio here are all really straight forward.I stamped the stamps in a clear embossing ink and embossed with clear sparkly embossing powder. Claire bought me these great little square colored papers and I just layered two up to get the focal point.

The backing papers are all from my Christmas stash - I love a Nordic inspiration - and I added good old fashioned peel-offs for the sentiment on the reindeer.

The greeting on the wreath is from the same stamp set (from Papercraft magazine) as the others featured here.

Super easy, I think it took me less than 15 min a card, including the heat embossing, and I am pleased to have tried something new with some old favourites.

1 comment:

  1. Great cards man, I really love the way you have kept the focal point simples, to downplay the fussier papers - awesome. Christmas is coming along here, but slowly as well. Like the new blog background btw. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated