Wednesday 2 August 2017

Project 435: Watercolored cards



As I was on a craft date with Claire this weekend I was feeling more brave in my card makes. These might not look very brave but look! The paper is torn, not trimmed! Small things.

We made the headline card as a joint challenge with repeated image/text in a resist and a watercolored background and her card is pretty awesome, I hope she shares it soon. I got a bit bored with the heat embossing as the stamp took quite a lot of powder but otherwise I liked the combination of colors I got from Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink. The little tag is covering an oops where I messed up my stamping. I liked it better neat on the card but then had to hide the mistake. Oh well!


The next card uses the ripped scrap from the headline, painted in Mowed Lawn ink. The image is a new Tim Holtz that I heat embossed in black. I embossed a yellow scrap in a woodgrain folder to go with the leaf. The little tag is a new punch from EK Success.


Finally I thought I'd share this just as a freebie. The frame is cut from the headline card from yesterday. I used a flower freebie from a card magazine and a thank you from a set I got second hand. I colored it all using ProMarkers and added some pearl and glitter accents to the flowers and sentiment. It's a girly but I like it, it's very different from my recent makes.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these man, but the headliner is my fave, the tearing of the paper made me LOL on the playdate and I think it has made your card. You totally got this brave cardmaking thing (but I am still not getting inky fingers). The second card was another step out of your comfort zone and I think the wood embossed panel works so well here. Bring that flower stamp to Margate..please? Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated