Sunday 13 August 2017

Project 436: A masked blended sketch and color challenge



I saw the colors at Color Throwdown and was going back and forth in my mind for the past few days trying to think of what to do. Then I discovered the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and something came together in my mind.



I masked the right hand border and blendd using Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserve distress ink and added some bleached water dots. I added a few feathers stamped and die cut and faised them on foam for texture. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Balloon Celebrations.

By making it a birthday card I also wanted to enter the CAS on Friday birthday challenge.

I ended up liking the treatment so much I did it in two other color combinations.

 

I liked it so much I ended up spending the rest of my day blending and masking so the challenges were truly inspirational! 

4 comments:

  1. All of these cards are so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO pretty! LOVE your blending and those feathers! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, so beautiful, the feathers are stunning. Glad I got to see them in real life. When I see your blending I get very jealous..I cannot blend like this to save my life!! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated