Tuesday 1 August 2017

Project 434: Scraps and dies



I wanted to bring a bunch of cards to my sister and mom (who I am seeing today!) and they said thank you cards and blank cards are the most useful so I concentrated my efforts there. I also wanted to use the dozens of scraps I had lurking on my desk so in a bid to clear out, I decided to make some of my dies work hard to use up the scraps and make some fun cards without too much planning.

The headline was a fun one to make - I really struggle with that big leaf die. It really only works with really thick card and the little holes are an absolute challenge to get out cleanly. I got one clean one, ruined 2 other scraps and abandoned my plans for a set. The background is from a small square pad and I used a stitched die to get a border. The tag is punched and stamped and it came together with just a handful of pieces.



These came together through a collection of scraps. All the papers you see here were die cut or trimmed to size. The green paper on the cactus sheet was stamped using a chevron background stamp but otherwise it's dies only - no stamps at all. 



Finally I thought I'd show this set. These papers are prized possessions but I decided my sister and mom were worth it to use them. I die cut some giant scottie dog dies in different purples and then added a tartan paper with a candy - super simple.



All in all a pleasing collection! I can't wait to see which my family go for.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE that Westie Die, your Mom must have been beside herself with joy when she saw these! That frond die is amazing. Also bring that to Margate. I fancy a play with that bad boy! Succulent card is my overall fave, the thank you really works well here. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated