Saturday 5 August 2017

Project: Welcome kitten card for Sketch Saturday


Happy Saturday! This week we have a great sketch for you at Sketch Saturday by Alex - hopefully it will inspire some great projects.


Our sponsor is MMedel Illustrations and we have a prize of 2 digis + a discount coupon so it's definitely worth playing along!

For my take, I took this cute kitten set and chose a cat (yawning? singing? something vocal!) and colored it using ProMarkers to match the colorings on my friend's new little kitten. I added touches of gel pen as white accents. The hello border down the side is an old sentiment I have had for ages and decided that by repeating it there was more of a pattern that worked with the balance. I added giant buttons to complete the sketch and it has a playful masculine appeal now. I'm pleased and so is my friend, it looks just like her cat:


Be sure to join the fun by Friday the 11th of August to be in with a chance of winning the prizes!

2 comments:

  1. Why do I have a feeling that this card is coming my way? I am voting for singing. I like the row of 'hello' like the cat is talking to me...I'll stop now. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated