Thursday 11 October 2012

Project 48: Monochrome Christmas card




Short post! I thought I’d share my favourite Christmas card in the mix so far: there’s no people like show people.

I fell in love with this stamp, I found it for 50p in my local craft store in August. Love being the early worm when it comes to Christmas!

I saw a Pinterest post (which I can't find now) that used a dotted embossing folder for snow (cue “duh!” moment) so I embossed some photo paper to give it that freshly-fallen-snow glisten.

Bit of white ribbon, corner punched with Claire’s Martha snowflake punch and put on a black bevel-edged card and we’re laughing. I raised the greeting with some thick foam pads to give it lift though not as much as the shadow in the picture would have you believe.

It’s rare that I look at a card and go: I made that and that’s amazing so I must be amazing. But I’m feeling that right now.

Happy monochrome Christmas.

                                                                                

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, I thought it was your style. Will have to make you something similar for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or Jules can purchase them from you :) ha ha - love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated