Sunday 4 January 2015

Project 196: A very scrappy sketch challenge


Claire often puts me to shame with her use of scraps and the ability to reimagine them into new cards. I was determined to turn over a new leaf and use scraps and bits and bobs she had given me to make my thank yous this year. I've done a few different options which I'll blog about tomorrow, but for now here is one inspired by this week's Retro Sketches layout:



I'd like to point out that the spotted paper behind the thank you is actually from a card Claire sent me years ago and I liked it so much I kept it for use somewhere else. Decided that day had come! The black die cut greeting and the hexagons are also from Claire's punches and dies that she kindly sends me from NYC.

I used a blue card base and scraps of yellow for the punched border and a (rather large) scrap of blue for the middle section. (it had a cut into it from a 12x12 - that counts as a scrap right?!)

It's pretty simple but I like it overall. More to follow tomorrow on the other outputs from today!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely is this and our minds are connected again..I made my card for this one, but forgot to submit it - doh! Love the use of scraps and the fact that no new papers were harmed for this. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated