Wednesday 7 January 2015

Project 198: A Red White and Blue 30th



Next week is my husband's 30th birthday and I have a tradition of using KennyK stamps so I wanted to keep that up with a special twist for this monumental birthday and enter in KennyK challenge 186 with a twist of new beginnings. Entering your 30s is a new beginning if you ask me!

I decided to go for the Fourth of July digi from KennyK as I'm American (he's English) and thought I'd go full red white and blue for the whole card. It was also partially inspired by the beautiful stencilled background from my friend Claire who gave that to me as sample of her work for me to repurpose. Isn't it great!? It uses Chelsea blue and as that's my husband's favourite colour (and football team) I thought it was perfect to use as a background.

The image is coloured with ProMarkers and then blinded up with Stickles glitter glue (red on the hat and bikini bottoms, clear on the bikini top). There are big blue stars on her hat and a big red star in the corner.

Finally I topped it with a big blingy 30 in the middle and left the sentiment off. He knows it is his birthday after all!


2 comments:

  1. This is superb!! I love the way the background looks here. It really works..do you want a few more? He's going to love it...Blingy 30 on your Husbands card seems to be a theme..Entering your 30's..gah! Next for me is going to be 50's Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card for your hubby's 30th! Love that the background is repurposed! Thanks for joining us KennyK's Krafty Krew!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    Team B{iker Girl}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated