Sunday 11 January 2015

Project 200: An early valentine card challenge



Just a short post from me as I wanted to enter the Freshly Made Sketches challenge before time ran out! Yes I know two posts in one day, I should spread these out better...!

This is the sketch this week:
I had rediscovered a set of owl stamps in my stash and had the idea to use two different sizes as if they were a couple and make it a Valentine's Day card.

The sketch worked great to feature the image and I decided that I would stamp the owls onto colored paper and then cut them out. The inking wasn't perfectly clean but I liked that it gives the a vintage feel and that sort of set the tone for the whole project.

I also rediscovered this yellow patterned paper - it's from Trader Jane Recollections stack and I thought it had a great sort of 70s quality to it. I chose browns, oranges and greys for the other papers to keep with that 70s feel. 

I topped the eyes off with bling - I love those chrome bling eyes on the owl on the left. Finally I added a sentiment I've never used before - "You're a hoot" - how fun is that?!


3 comments:

  1. Your owls with their blingy eyes are a hoot :) Fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute..of course you have owl stamps in your stash :) Love that background paper, very retro..Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated