Saturday 24 January 2015

Project 201: A wanderlust inspired challenge



I recently stumbled across The Paper Player's challenge to use a big sentiment as a feature and, with double inspiration, when I saw Retro Rubber's sketch challenge this week I quickly got a plan in my mind of what I wanted to do.



I have a stamp set that is a few years old, from Get Stamping magazine issue 3. It has some lovely travel stamps and sentiments and I thought they'd be perfect to combine these challenges.

The big feature stamp is full of positive sentiments, and everyone needs a bit of cheer in January, don't they? All of the papers (except the background) are scraps that I had on my desk - a nice tidy clear out was due. The colors feel nice and retro and I am loving mustard yellow and teal together right now.

I added a bit of yellow twine to add texure and a candy to balance out the layout. I thought it was a fun mix of challenges and I can't wait to see what the DTs think.



8 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous Jessie! what a fab layout and design. I love the fab sentiment and the twine detail finishes it off perfectly! Sorry I haven't been to visit for ages… I've had chest infection for most of January.
    I hope you have a lovely Sunday!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card! The colors are great but I love those shades! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, love this take on the sketch, the shade work so well. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunglasses are such a CREATIVE twist to this sketch. I love your card :-) Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to ditto the detail on the sunglasses being a so creative and clever detail. Great sketch interpretation! Thanks so much for including RRBC in your stamping fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! It really makes me miss summertime and just feels like vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun interpretation of the sketch! Thank you for joining us at RRCB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job - great take on our sketch!! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated