Monday 5 January 2015

Project 197: A mix of featured stamp cards cards




Some days you just gotta craft and I found yesterday to be that day!

I have not posted for a while because I have been busy with house-tasks (painting windowsills, reorganising the kitchen...you know all these fun tasks that you do when you have a free week in the house) but I wanted to have a bit of a play with some new ideas and all of them feature a bit die-cut central stamp. Not intentional but here we are!

First I have to brag about this little bee card (which is actually part of a set of 4). I was inspired by the beautiful Etsy shop of H Dawn Parratt - check it out if you have a chance as she does a great little colored bee card set. I openly admit stealing the diecut central image of a bee with black scallop over a yellow square background. I embossed the background with a basket weave pattern, adding a black sparkly flower border and little bee sticker from Jolee's. This set is for my Aunt Bonnie as she loves bees - hope it gets to her in time for her birthday in 2 weeks!




Then I needed some thank you cards. I decided to use scraps of strips that I had from previous projects for the middle, banner and punched bit. The white circles are also scraps if you can believe it. The scallop circle, sadly, is not from a scrap but I think that's pretty good usage! The stamp is from a Michael's black Friday sale - I think it was $0.65? This is its first outing and it stamps like a gem! The greeting is from Fiskars in a Thank You set from Claire.


 Next up is an engagement card for my brother-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law!

They got engaged a week ago and we're so excited. I decided to make their card a bit different, and used some gorgeous papers Claire had given me. I die cut the Love greeting from one of the papers and layered it over a charcoal paper. Then I used a scrap of striped paper from the same set for a vertical border and punched a border from the offcut of beige card I used for the card base. See? Scrapping all over the place. I added a little J <3 C in the bottom right hand corner for their initials and then some great little bling blob things I got from Paperchase.

No challenges in these but sometimes you just gotta craft with your own mojo!





1 comment:

  1. OMG...I love all of these. That Fox stamp is AMAZING. My fave is the engagement card - that is beautiful and such a great use of the papers. Loving your scrap usage..keep it up girl. The bee stamp is a hot fave of mine..We need to talk about the basketweave folder..where did he come from? Where can I get me one! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated