Wednesday 6 April 2016

Project 308: Another balloon sketch card


I was playing earlier this week with the balloon stamp that I got from Creative Stamping magazine last month and I wanted to try it with the Sketch Saturday layout:

I found this paper in my stash and I just love it, from Studio Calico. I thought the planks would work really well vertically with their sketch. The colors are also so springy and cheerful, perfect for this time of year.

The balloons are heat embossed in white on card stock and cut out by hand. I stamped the greeting from Fiskars on white so it would stand out and added some white twine for the balloon strings. I added a sweet little blue bow from my stash to bring it together. This card was an easy make but I'm really pretty impressed with the final output. Doesn't have to be tricky to be impactful and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. The perfect birthday for some lucky person! So glad that you joined in the fun this week over on Sketch Saturday! Please come back to play next week.
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated