Sunday 17 April 2016

Project 311: Two very different cards for a sunny Sunday



I haven't been crafting this week, not because I don't have things I want to make (or need to, as US Mother's Day is around the corner...!) but because it has been one of those weeks where life got in the way. Today was going to be my catch up day, until I realized it's my 2 year anniversary from adopting our little dog from the animal shelter and the day was taken over with walks and treats and playtime for him!

All I squeezed in were two cards that I need to get in the post as they're both belated to start with. The headline card is a card for my sister in law, who just finished medical school. I used a Sizzix die set and a Recollections Trader Jane paper set, topped with some glitter glue and that was about it! Simple but nice. I really need to use this set more, it's wicked fun and the whole thing comes together really easily.


Next is this fun little Bugaboo elephant. My friend's baby girl turned 1 about a week ago and I forgot to send the little gift that I got her, rubbish friend that I have become! I love this little elephant colored with ProMarkers and I thought it worked well with this Sugar and Spice paper. I added some foam letters I just picked up from Tiger as a greeting. Kids don't care that things match (she's 1 - she's not reading this card, let's be honest!) so I decided to just go for a mix of colors.

I love how playful the final cards are, not bad for a slapdash craft session!

1 comment:

  1. Using RentalCars you can discover affordable car hire at over 49000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated