Sunday 5 June 2016

Project 325: Painted congrats card


My cousin just got her MBA and I wanted to make her something special to celebrate. I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and thought I'd try a new painted idea I had been wanting to try:


I used an aquabrush with Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve and Victorian Velevet Distress Inks to get the watercolor effect. I varied the height to match the sketch. I heat embossed the greeting in black to make it stand out against the pale colors. The sequins add a touch of glam and I think it's a great finished project. Will have to try the technique again!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. I love the swishes of color behind the sentiment. I predict your cousin will LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining CTS and for making this beautiful card with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those watercolory stripes! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, love that we both did this challenge this week, but are quite different, love the watercolourey stripes, very nice man. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated