Saturday 4 June 2016

Project 324: Wine cork father's day card



I wanted to make a Father's Day card for my dad using this great Darice cork embossing folder. The colors at Color Throwdown this week were perfect for a wine-related card.



The background is actually darker green but when I flipped it over I preferred the inverse. The greeting is die cut from a scrap I had on my desk that I thought fit the color scheme. I put it against dark brown to stand out more and added a strip of woodgrain paper. It's pretty simple but I wanted to keep the cork pattern the hero and I think the simplicity makes it more masculine.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool masculine card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like this a lot, that folder is awesome..a little DTown purchase? Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated