Thursday 9 June 2016

Project 327: Donut father's day card



It's almost Father's Day and after making my dad a wine-based card I wanted to do something different for my father-in-law. He's not much of a wine buff but he does have a pretty good sweet tooth. Which made me think of my kick-butt donut stamp set.

I started with a die cut circle in beige paper and cut a central hole out. Then I did a smaller ring in brown and hand cut the edges to look like icing. I stamped the little sprinkles on in colors that would stand out.
I wanted to feature the donut stamp but it was too busy to have it as a full background. So I did it as a border instead, stamping first the full ring in beige, then adding frosting in white pink and chocolate and then adding a sprinkle layer in a contrasting color.

The checker paper makes me think of old fashioned paper wrappers. The sentiment is die cut out of a central strip and I layered it against the same dark brown. The extra greeting is from the donut set.

This may be the card that has brought me the most card-making joy than anything I've made in ages. It just tickles me!


1 comment:

  1. Aha now I did not know this, but now it makes sense where your hubby gets his sweet tooth from. I love this set, still contemplating owning it..I really like the card, I think using the donuts as border was inspired. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated