Wednesday 9 January 2013

Project 61: Wedding cards 4 ways






We have a lot of weddings to go to this year and as we had the playdate to end all playdates, I used this as an opportunity to spend a bit longer coming up with my own wedding ideas. And playing with Claire’s toys, obviously.

The headline card was a contemporary take on wedding cards which I’m actually going to use as a wedding shower card. My sister is the maid of honor in this wedding and the bride is all about purple (just as I was) so I thought I’d take a modern approach as it’s not for the actual wedding. I used this sketch as inspiration (which I was surprisingly true to!).


This card was one I came up with for our friends Nick and Connor, who are getting married in February.  I thought this folder really worked and normally I'd never go for this style but it was balanced by the dark purple and pinstripes. I hoped the pinstripes would make it look more masculine but being purple I don’t know why I thought that would work. I love it anyway. 


Next is one for a lovely modern couple. Sarah has really classy style so I wanted the card to reflect that. I went for something simple and elegant for Sarah and James and silver and white were perfect for this. I love this embossing folder of Claire’s and this glittery paper is just amazing.


Finally this is my most traditional card for our friends Emma and Rob. I have always been intimidated by this formal embossing folder but I’ve realised that by going outside of the non-embossed greeting area is fine and makes it much easier to use. I made a wedding cake out of silver paper and gave it some glitter icing and a pearl-bling heart as a topper. Claire has a great scallop heart punch for the greeting.

I’m pleased I had time to play around with wedding sketches because I tend to do one of two layouts usually and with all the weddings on the cards for the next 2 years I need to branch out to keep it interesting.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome to visit this website and reading the views of all colleagues concerning this article, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.

    my site tutaj

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated